Further Help and Advice

Welfare benefits can be a confusing and complicated area, and sometimes you may feel you need further personal advice on your situation, particularly if your circumstances are unusual. If you have any queries or worries which have not been resolved by the information on this site then the following services may be useful.

  • Tameside CAB
  • Phone: 03444 889 622
    The Citizen’s Advice Bureau (CAB) is able to provide help and advice on a range of issues and problems including debt and money management. They can be contacted over the phone, by dropping in to a General Advice session, or by arranging an appointment.
  • Tameside Welfare Rights Service
  • Phone: 0800 074 9985
    Tameside Welfare Rights service can provide advice over the phone, online or through a Customer Service centre. If you need long term support they may be able you allocate you a caseworker to help you. They can also ensure women are seen by a female officer if they prefer, and arrange home visits for those who are ill or disabled.